How to Prepare Perfect Korean Fried Chicken
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Korean Fried Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Korean Fried Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Korean Fried Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Try eating almonds if you do not have problems with nut allergies. Almonds are usually considered a super food because they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Several minerals and vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you may not need a nap after consuming almonds. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood enhancer!
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to korean fried chicken recipe. To cook korean fried chicken you need 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Get Marinade
- Provide chicken wings
- Provide salt
- Prepare garlic powder
- Use ginger powder
- Get curry powder (optional)
- Get ground nutmeg
- Get real ginger, grated
- Get Frying Ingredients
- Provide all-purpose flour
- Get potato starch or corn starch
- Get Sauce Ingredients
- Get canola or grapeseed oil
- Get chili flakes
- Take ginger, minced
- Provide garlic
- Use soy sauce
- Provide rice vinegar
- Take corn syrup
- Take Garnishes (optional)
- Use green onion chopped
- Take cilantro
Instructions to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Place chicken wings in large bowl. Add garlic, nutmeg, curry powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hour or over night. If cooking right away do not refrigerate but keep at room temperature. But for best results marinate for 2 hours if wanting to cook right away. (In these pictures I let them marinate over night.)
- Right before frying, add flour and potato starch and mix thoroughly with your hands. The potato starch should stick to the chicken wings in a thin coating. Feel free to pat the starch onto the chicken wings firmly with hands.
- Prepare for deep frying: get out your cooling racks. Set paper towels underneath to catch any grease drippings.
- Get your oil thermometer out and a pot with high sides. Add 2-3 inches cooking oil with a high smoking point. (Grapeseed oil is great for this) The goal is to add enough oil for the chicken wings to float in the pot and not stick to the bottom.
- Wait until the oil reaches 380 degrees. Then, add the chicken wings in batches until golden and crispy about 8-10 minutes. Drain wings and set aside on paper towels.
- Now it's time for the second fry. The temperature of the oil will not dip down as much as the first fry. Fry the (already fried) chicken wings in batches until they are darker and golden brown in color about 8-10 minutes per batch at 350 degrees. The wings are done when they look shrunken and compacted with a crispy coating. Drain and set aside on cooling racks.
- Prepare the sauce: add corn syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Add a pinch if sugar if not sweet enough to your liking.
- Prepare the minced garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep stock pot over medium high heat and add oil. When hot but not smoking add chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Mix around with a spatula or wooden spoon until fragrant and crispy looking, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and mix until the sauce bubbles vigorously, about 2-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken wings and mix with spatula or wooden spoon until each wing is coated in sauce. Transfer to plate and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion or cilantro.
If you find this Korean Fried Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.