How to Prepare Favorite Lentil fingers
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lentil fingers recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil fingers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil fingers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick treats to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil fingers recipe. You can have lentil fingers using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentil fingers:
- Get 1 cup red lentils ( washed, rinsed)
- You need 2 medium potatoes - chopped
- Take 3 cups water
- Use 2 dry onions
- You need Scallions
- Use Salt, pepper,
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin
- Get 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Get 1 tbsp tomato paste
- You need 1 tbsp pepper paste
- Provide 1/2 bunch parsley -chopped
- Use 1 1/2 cup fine bulgur
Steps to make Lentil fingers:
- Wash lentils, rinse, peel potatoes . In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 cups of water.Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered over low heat, until absorb most of the water or cooked. (Keep a cup of boiling water aside, we may need later)
- Meanwhile chop onions
- Chop parsley, scallions
- Stir lentil mix into the bulgur and remove from the heat. Cover and set aside until the bulgur is very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small skillet over low heat, heat the oil and add the onion, sautéing until soft, about 3 minutes
- . Add the tomato and pepper pastes and mix well. Remove from the heat and cool. Add cumin, crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Add the onion mixture to the lentil mixture and toss to mix.
- Add the scallions and parsley, mixing gently
- form the lentil mixture into oval balls
- You can line the platter with lettuce leaves before you serving.
If you find this Lentil fingers recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.