Easiest Way to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains found in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked cheesy chicken penne recipe. To cook baked cheesy chicken penne you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne:
- Provide 6 tbsp butter
- Prepare 1 salt and black pepper
- You need 1 lb penne rigate
- Take 1 tsp olive oil
- Get 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally
- Prepare 3/4 cup flour
- Get 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Provide 6 cup whole milk
- Get 10 oz white or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Get 1 cup sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- Use 1 1/2 cup shredded provolone
- Use 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Steps to make Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne:
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. If you?re going to freeze one, use a disposable foil pan. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. While chicken pan is still hot, toss the mushrooms in and saute until golden brown (3-4 minutes). Use a little extra olive oil if needed.(Since I used left over chicken, I just cooked the mushrooms in the olive oil)
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot , melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking constantly, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer. Keep whisking frequently as sauce thickens, about 1 minute more. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat and and gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes. If freezing, place remaining parmesan cheese in a zip-top baggie. If cooking, sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Freezer instructions: - - To freeze, prepare through step 4 and then let pasta cool. Cover pan well with plastic wrap. Place extra cheese in baggie (for topping) on top and then cover entire pan well with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, preheat oven to 400. Remove foil and plastic from pan and set cheese baggie aside. Place foil back on pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil, stir pasta, and top with cheese. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes (I only did 10 minutes) or until mixture is hot and bubbly throughout.
If you find this Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.