Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Waffles on a Stick recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Waffles on a Stick recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
When looking for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a healthy snack though. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and waffles on a stick recipe. You can cook chicken and waffles on a stick using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Waffles on a Stick:
- Prepare 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 -1.5inch thick strips
- You need 2 cups buttermilk, divided
- Take 2 tbsp paprika
- You need 2 tbsp black pepper
- Prepare kosher salt
- Use 3 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Prepare 2 tsp cayenne powder, divided
- Prepare 3 cups buttermilk, divided
- Take 2 large eggs
- Get 2 cups flour (Bread or AP)
- You need 3/4 cup corn starch
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Use 1 tsp dried mustard
- Provide 1 tsp dried ginger
- Prepare 2 cups AP flour
- Use 1 tsp baking soda
- Use 1 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- You need 5 tbsp melted butter
- Get 4 large egg whites, beaten
- Use 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 1/2 tsp maple syrup extract
- You need 4 cups vegetable oil for frying (I used peanut oil)
- Provide Bamboo skewers
- You need Cooking spray
Instructions to make Chicken and Waffles on a Stick:
- Combine 1 cup buttermilk (reserve 3 tbsp) with paprika, black pepper, and 1/2 the garlic powder and cayenne in a Ziploc bag. Add 1/2 tsp kosher salt as well. Mix well then add chicken. Marinate for 2-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Whisk flour, corn starch, a pinch of kosher salt, baking powder and dried ginger and mustard together in a large, shallow bowl. Sprinkle about 4 tbsp of your marinade into the flour mix.
- Using your fingers work the marinade around in the flour until you get some dry chunks in there. These chunks will lend to the crispiness of your fried chicken
- Setup your breading station. In addition to your craggy flour mix you'll combine your eggs and the remaining buttermilk in another bowl. Also have a third empty plate to place your breaded chicken fingers.
- Place each piece of chicken in the flour first, then the egg wash, then the flour again. Make sure to get those crags stuck to your chicken fingers. To prevent all the clumps to sticking to your actual fingers use one hand for dry ingredients and another for the wet ingredients. For a good explanation on this method check out http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/02/the-food-lab-all-american-eggplant-parmesan.html
- Pile your chicken on the plate. I didn't separate my chicken fingers and it led to a lot of stickage as the breading got moist. So I recommend separating the chicken fingers and stacking with sheets of parchment paper. Go ahead an add your oil to a large cast iron dutch oven or skillet at this point and heat to about 340F.
- Whisk together 2 cups of AP flour, baking soda, baking powder and powdered sugar. Then add the wet ingredients: melted butter, 2 cups buttermilk, egg whites, and maple and vanilla extracts. Whisk until smooth.
- Fry up your chicken fingers in the preheated oil. You're looking for a golden brown fried-chickeny looking color about 4 minutes on one side. Using tongs, carefully agitate the chicken so you don't get any hotspots sticking to the pan. At 4 minutes flip you're chicken fingers and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Repeat for all the chicken.
- Stick the bamboo skewers into each individual chicken finger. You've not got chicken on a stick.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Pour a little waffle mix in the bottom of the iron, about halfway to what you would use to make a regular waffles. Put two chicken skewers down on the iron (one on each half. Pour about half the amount of the original pour over the chicken.
- Close waffle iron and cook according to your waffle-ironing instructions. Try not to pour too much as you will have waffle mix all over your counter (I know this from experience). These waffles will puff up about twice the size of the batter when cooked. Split the waffles, sprinkle with maple syrup or dip in ketchup. It's chicken and a waffle, you can do that. Enjoy!
If you find this Chicken and Waffles on a Stick recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.