Recipe of Award-winning Traditional Southern Cornbread
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional southern cornbread recipe. To cook traditional southern cornbread you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Southern Cornbread:
- Use 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- You need 1 cup medium grind cornmeal
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Use 3/4 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Get 1/4 cup buttermilk
- You need 2 eggs
- Use 8 Tbl melted, unsalted butter
Instructions to make Traditional Southern Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Mix sugar, buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients.
- Add butter to the mixture.
- Mix well until uniform and consistency is a smooth batter.
- Pour into a well-seasoned or oiled iron skillet.
- Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Use a toothpick to check if the cornbread is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
If you find this Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.