Simple Way to Prepare Homemade Barley Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Barley Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us feel better in our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to barley soup recipe. You can cook barley soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Barley Soup:
- Provide 1 cup Barley soaked overnight and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Use 2 onions chopped
- Take 2 tomatoes chopped
- Get 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- Provide 2 carrots sliced
- You need as needed baby corns cut into big
- Get 1 celery stalk
- Provide to taste black pepper powder
- You need to taste Salt
- Provide 1 tbsp rice flour mixed with water to make a slurry
Steps to make Barley Soup:
- In a pan add a tbspn of oil and add the garlic and saute for a while..add the onions next and stir and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and cook covered for 10-15 minutes till the tomatoes get soft and mushy.
- Now add in the veggies and chopped celery stalks, mix well and add salt and pepper. cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the cooked barley alongwith it’s water add little more water…cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and add the rice flour slurry.
- This will thicken the soup, at this point you can adjust the consistency by adding more of slurry or water.
- Serve hot with a dash of lemon juice and your hearty meal is ready to devour.
If you find this Barley Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.