Recipe of Homemade Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Treats.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin recipe. To cook sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin you need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- You need 1 large onion (approx 260g), cut in half and sliced
- You need 1 medium swede (approx 500g), diced, 1cm by 1cm
- Provide 2 sweet potatoes (approx 500g) diced, 1cm by 2cm
- You need 250 g spring greens, stalk cut out
- Prepare 7 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Take 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Get 250 ml double cream
- Take 100 ml milk
- Take 1 tablespoon butter
- Get 1 tablespoon oil
- Use 50 g Parmesan, grated
- Provide Nutmeg (4 or 5 rasps)
- You need Salt and pepper
Steps to make Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a large saucepan add the oil and butter and place on medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions and stir. Cook on medium heat to soften but not colour, for around 8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and fry for 1 minute then stir.
- Add the diced swede and potato and coat in the butter and oil. Season with a few twists of salt and pepper.
- After you have cut out the stalk of the spring greens, roll them into a sausage shape and chop into fine slices. Add to the pan and stir.
- In a separate bowl add the cream, milk, nutmeg and sage. Add a little more seasoning and stir. Add this mixture to the pan and coat all of the veg.
- Tip all the contents of the pan into an oven proof dish (24cm by 25cm), cover with tin foil and bake for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours. After half of the cooking time, take off the foil and sprinkle over the parmesan and bake uncovered for the rest of the cooking time.
- If the top is becoming too brown, place the foil over again. Cooking time will vary if you use a different sized dish. Cook until the swede is soft.
- Serve with a green salad, bread or as a side dish to meats.
If you find this Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.