Easiest Way to Make Speedy Southern skillet Cornbread
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack many people neglect. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the best idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you are able to reach for. Along with calcium, it is a good supplier of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. You can cook southern skillet cornbread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Use 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Use 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Use 2 tsp baking powder
- Get 1 tsp baking soda
- Take 2 tsp kosher salt
- Use 2 large eggs
- Prepare 1 cup buttermilk
- Provide 1 can cream style corn
- Take 2 Jalapeños seeded and minced…..(optional)
- Use 8 tablespoons unsalted butter. (1 stick)
- Provide 1/4 cup bacon grease (or additional butter)
Steps to make Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the center rack of the oven.
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, corn, eggs and jalapeños. Slowly whisk in the butter. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Add the bacon grease to the hot cast iron skillet and swirl to make sure entire bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, smoothing the top into an even layer.
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk
- . Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve hot.
If you find this Southern skillet Cornbread recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.