Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Speedy Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant and meatball lasagna recipe. To cook eggplant and meatball lasagna you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Use Eggplant pasta replacement
- You need 2 medium sized aubergine/ eggplants
- Take As needed salt
- Take As needed extra virgin olive oil
- You need Meatballs and sauce
- Get 1-1/2 pound beef meatballs
- Provide 32 ounces Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce
- Get 1/4 cup water to get and use all the sauce out of jar
- You need 3 tablespoons concentrated tomato paste
- Provide 1-1/2 cups pesto see my recipe walnut pesto
- You need 2/3 pound ground sirloin
- Use 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Use 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare To taste salt
- Get To taste ground white pepper
- Take Cheese
- Provide 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided
Steps to make Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly.
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining.
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar.
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well.
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan.
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce.
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!
If you find this Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.