Steps to Make Quick Southern Skillet Cornbread
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains present in white bread.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. To cook southern skillet cornbread you need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Get 3 tbsp butter
- Use 2 eggs
- Prepare 2 cups buttermilk
- Use 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- Get 1/2 cup flour
- Get 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Use 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Provide 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- You need 2 tsp granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses)
- Prepare 1 tbsp high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil
Instructions to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease.
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don't scrape the pan).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey.
- The original recipe, from my spouse's great grandma.
If you find this Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.